Freelance Grant Writer
In our work to transform universities with the beauty and truth of the gospel, we rely on many foundation partners. Quality writing and reporting are key to those partnerships: introducing potential donors to our work, making certain they understand and are satisfied with the impact of their investment, and through that, ensuring our important mission can continue. We seek a freelance, project-based writer who is passionate about both writing and storytelling, works well within deadlines, and is attentive to the detailed requirements of grants work.
What you’ll do:
- Write and edit all materials necessary at each step of the process, persuasively telling the story of how The Veritas Forum fulfills the mission of each foundation
- Collect necessary data and narratives from program and development staff
- Help with general communications materials across Veritas including interviews and feature articles
What you’ll bring:
- A track record of success in grant writing
- An appreciation for, and understanding of, an organization and funding partners who possess a traditionally evangelical understanding of Christian practice and belief.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skillful editing of your own work and the work of others
- Persuasive and nuanced storytelling
- Precise attention to details and high standards for the quality of deliverables
- An understanding of the importance of deadlines and the ability to complete multiple tasks under pressure.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Contracted work will be on a per-project basis, with the hope of subsequent engagements.
- Rates are commensurate with experience and performance.
- Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 writing samples to email@example.com.