Systems & Database Manager
The Veritas Forum is seeking an experienced Systems & Database Manager to support the needs of our growing fundraising and development function. This professional will manage the team’s Salesforce donor management system, as well as the secondary tools including Classy (online payment processor), Airtable (event invitations & distribution lists), SyncApps / Cazoomi (Mailchimp sync), and iWave (research). He or she will create and deliver systems documentation and training for the team and will produce the reports & distribution lists needed to further the mission of Veritas.
Systems & Database Management
- Maintain and continually improve our Salesforce platform, coordinating with a contracted Salesforce developer for highly technical requests as needed
- Improve the secondary systems in our architecture as required (Airtable, Cazoomi, Classy, and iWave)
- Create and maintain the cross-platform integrations and syncs across our tool suite
- Manage the quality and availability of the financial and donor data across the architecture
- Improve our approach for segmenting our constituents. Pull distribution and event invitation lists as needed
- Produce complex financial, management, and donor care reports from Salesforce accurately and on schedule.
- Respond to ad hoc requests for data or reports in a timely manner
- Other duties as assigned
- Understand the growing needs of the team and design appropriate systems and database solutions
- Create and maintain systems documentation and train and onboard team members
- Be a mature and growing Christian whose passion for Christ is grounded in the regular disciplines of Bible study, prayer, and fellowship with other believers in the context of a local church and be evidenced by the fruit of the Spirit in their lives
- Sincere enthusiasm for the mission of The Veritas Forum
- 2-3 years experience as a Salesforce administrator, preferably with the Nonprofit Success Pack
- Experience with data integration and synchronization between disparate systems
- Proven ability to analyze complex business requirements and develop appropriate functional solutions
- Experience with pulling complex distribution lists and reports out of Salesforce
- Experience creating and maintaining user documentation and developing and delivering team training
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, juggle multiple projects simultaneously, pivot quickly to changing timelines and priorities, and work with minimal oversight
- Familiarity with Classy, Airtable, Mailchimp, iWave, Asana, and Slack is a plus but not required
- Fluency with GSuite and Microsoft Office is required
- Bachelor degree required; information systems, business intelligence, or related focus preferred
- Salesforce certified administrator preferred
Status┃Part-time exempt: 20 hours/week (Eastern time zone) with the possibility to increase hours
Location┃United States - Remote (Eastern time zone hours)
Travel Requirements┃10 days each year for Veritas events and training
Reports to the Vice President of Development
Benefits & Compensation
The Veritas Forum offers benefits and compensation commensurate with experience and competitive with other nonprofit organizations.
Interested applicants should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Database.”
The Veritas Forum partners with Christian thought leaders, professors, and campus fellowships to support the intellectual credibility of Christianity in the university and the broader public sphere. Veritas is propelled by an ambitious vision to see universities become places where the big questions asked by students are not the reason they lose their faith, but the reason they find it.
Driving this vision are three core pillars of work: campus dialogue, community formation, and content engagement. We come alongside students, faculty, and campus ministers to help create Forums on university campuses around the world that invite intellectually curious students and scholars to explore life’s big ideas. In support of this work, we connect, form, and train networks of students and faculty leaders who carry on the conversations through journals and scholarship, and we extend the conversations to global audiences through digital media.
The first Veritas Forum took place at Harvard in 1992, and today nearly 200 universities across the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia host Forums, and have engaged over 800,000 students, faculty, and university community members.
"Veritas" is the Latin word for truth—and a word commonly found in university mottos; it refers to our belief that truth can be sought and found. "Forum" refers to our commitment to creating spaces where ideas can be openly shared and discussed.
We are grounded and motivated by the historic Christian faith that seeks to love God and neighbor. We affirm the Nicene Creed and are ecumenical and invitational in our approach.