VFX Program Director
Although Veritas has expanded its programming since its launch in 1992, the Forum remains
its flagship program. Today over 125 campuses around the world—from Paris Dauphine to
Harvard to Stanford—host Forums every year.
We are now in the process of designing a new product, The Veritas Forum Experience: Create a
Forum in Six Sessions (“VFX”) to help our partners host Forums as effortlessly as possible. The
VFX will be a mixture between Blue Apron, TEDx, and Paperless Post. It will include a “Forum
Box” that has everything needed to create a Forum, and it will be beautifully designed in a
medium that makes sense for a digital-first generation.
The VFX is being designed this summer and will launch in Fall 2019 on select campuses. We
need a detail-oriented, forward-thinking, and self-directed VFX program director to
prototype and refine the VFX. The ideal candidate enjoys and has experience in (a) product
development, (b) volunteer mobilization, and (c) event planning. He or she has an orientation
toward process with impeccable communication skills and a deep love for organization and
details—akin to a Myers-Briggs “J” personality or an executive assistant.
We believe this role will place you in a high-energy environment with some of the most
talented individuals in the industry, where you’ll be inspired to use your gifts to start
conversations that matter. We also believe the VFX has the potential to fundamentally
transform how we execute our flagship program, which means this is a role for someone who
wants to create something important and isn’t phased by the amount of work it’s going to take..
What You’ll Do:
- Execute the VFX. You will field test the VFX with 20-30 campus partners (e.g., students,
campus ministers, etc.) as they plan Forums. You’ll be highly inquisitive and seek to
understand or intuit what’s working and what’s not working from a user experience
(“UX”) perspective. You’ll be on top of high-volume communications to solicit regular
feedback to improve the VFX.
- Mobilize and coach volunteers. Campus partners are volunteers, so you’ll make their
Forum planning as easy as possible by harnessing network of the VFX prototype
campuses to share best practices, use planning tools, and cheer them on in the process.
You’ll also manage four “Super Producers” (some of our best Forum planners) who will
leverage the online network of the campuses using the VFX.
- Be a team member. As needed, you’ll serve your colleagues and their program areas
(e.g., Content, Augustine Collective, Development, etc.) with a positive and
problem-solving attitude. You’ll complete additional duties as identified and assigned.
- Own your outcomes. You’ll be a self-motivated self-starter who sets clear goals,
anticipates problems, perseveres, and holds yourself accountable..
- Get better everyday. You’ll welcome the gift of redemptive feedback, never settle in your
quest to grow and develop, and make our organization stronger.
What You’ll Bring:
- A passion for Christ grounded in the regular disciplines of Bible study, prayer, and
fellowship with other believers in the context of a local church, and a mature and
growing faith evidenced by the fruit of the Spirit in your life
- 2+ years experience in volunteer management, event management, executive
assistance, and/or client services
- A highly organized and dogged approach to project and event management
- Superior interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
- Critical and strategic thinking with the ability to evaluate every aspect of a program
- An ability to adapt well in changing situations and environments
- A “just figure things out” attitude that invents ideas to accomplish objectives
- An ability to multitask and prioritize ruthlessly
- This position is a full-time position, and salary is commensurate with experience.
- It reports to the head of Forums, Ash Byrd, with a dotted line reporting relationship to
the head of Content, Bethany Jenkins.
- This is a national search, and a candidate can be based anywhere in the United States
with a preference for cities where we already have Veritas staff—New York or Boston. If
an interested candidate is not located in New York or Boston, he or she must excel in a
virtual, autonomous work environment.
- Since this position manages volunteers located in campuses across the country, an
interested candidate must be comfortable using technology to connect with others.
- Applications are due Monday, July 1, 2019.
- Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter should
tell us why you’re a great fit for Veritas and why Veritas is a great fit for you.
Freelance Grant Writer
In our work to transform universities with the beauty and truth of the gospel, we rely on many foundation partners. Quality writing and reporting are key to those partnerships: introducing potential donors to our work, making certain they understand and are satisfied with the impact of their investment, and through that, ensuring our important mission can continue. We seek a freelance, project-based writer who is passionate about both writing and storytelling, works well within deadlines, and is attentive to the detailed requirements of grants work.
What You’ll Do:
- Write and edit all materials necessary at each step of the process, persuasively telling the story of how The Veritas Forum fulfills the mission of each foundation
- Collect necessary data and narratives from program and development staff
- Help with general communications materials across Veritas including interviews and feature articles
What You’ll Bring:
- A track record of success in grant writing
- An appreciation for, and understanding of, an organization and funding partners who possess a traditionally evangelical understanding of Christian practice and belief.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Skillful editing of your own work and the work of others
- Persuasive and nuanced storytelling
- Precise attention to details and high standards for the quality of deliverables
- An understanding of the importance of deadlines and the ability to complete multiple tasks under pressure.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Contracted work will be on a per-project basis, with the hope of subsequent engagements.
- Rates are commensurate with experience and performance.
- Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.