University Engagement Director
The University Engagement Director will be responsible for leading Veritas’s University Forums and related activities at campuses across the country. He or she will work closely with the Vice President of Forums and other Veritas staff and advisors. Regular travel to campuses is required, and all costs will be covered.
In addition to participating in the broader strategic and operational work of Veritas, as needed, the University Engagement Director will have three main responsibilities:
- EXECUTE 15—20 FORUMS ON EXISTING CAMPUSES
- Lead team development and event execution of Veritas Forums on 15—20 campuses (where we already work) each academic year o Continue to cultivate strong, trust-based relationships with campus ministers and students on their campuses and, where appropriate, regional staff o Act as an engagement “consultant,” guiding the campus team’s decisions on engagement approach, outreach strategy, and Forum components (e.g., presenters, topics, formats) that will best serve their campuses
- Act as a bridge between the campus team and national resources, e.g., drawing on best practices, engaging with campus trends, recruiting speakers, etc.
- LAUNCH 5 FORUMS ON NEW CAMPUSES
- Launch 5 Forums each year on new campuses (where Veritas has not hosted a Forum in the past 5 years) and engage with these new campuses in the same way as outlined above for existing campuses
- IDENTIFY 5 POTENTIAL FELLOWS
- Identify 5 strong individual partners on campuses who may be interested in becoming a Veritas Fellow, a new program to launch in Spring 2019
The ideal candidate will have at least 3-5+ years of relevant work experience and a track record of excellence in a campus ministry and/or private sector environment (e.g., campus ministry leadership experience, start-up experience, Teach for America, consulting etc.). This role will be based at Veritas headquarters in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Qualified applicants should:
- Be a mature and growing Christian. Their passion for Christ should be grounded in the regular disciplines of Bible study, prayer, and fellowship with other believers in the context of a local church, and be evidenced by the fruit of the Spirit in their lives.
- Resonate with the thoughtful, rigorous exploration of the Christian faith and will connect well with campus ministry partners who are highly educated, well-read, and embrace a robust spiritual life exercising both the mind and heart.
- Have several years of relevant work experience, either within a university or campus ministry context or other performance-driven, private sector organizations
- Possess strong event management and execution skills, with an eye for all the details of executing high-level programs
- Have a demonstrated track record of cultivating trust-based relationships that allows them to influence and mobilize colleagues and partners.
- Be highly entrepreneurial and self-directed, able to lead teams to execute top-notch Forums with targeted guidance and coaching from the VP of Forums and Content
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with strong analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Have a passion for the university, intellectual grasp of the strategic role of the university and its ideas in American culture
- Possess a passion for ideas-driven ministry engagement and grasp the needs and opportunities for the gospel to relate to and shape culture • Ability to travel ~15%-25% of the year on average
- Have a bachelor’s degree
For a full job description, click here. Interested persons should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions are also welcome.
Office and Operations Manager
Veritas Headquarters in Cambridge, MA
The Veritas Forum is recruiting for an Office and Operations Manager for our Cambridge headquarters. This role will combine administrative and operational responsibilities for a rapidly growing, geographically-dispersed organization.
This role is equal parts execution of day-to-day office and administrative needs, and building and implementing processes and systems to improve overall operational efficiency and effectiveness.
The role will lead the design and day-to-day execution of select administration, operations, finance and HR needs including:
- Providing ongoing operational and administrative support for the North American Forums team, ensuring timely completion of contracts, payments of honorariums and team expenses, purchasing and distribution of forum supplies, managing presenter agreements, updating reporting data, and managing printing needs etc.
- Providing targeted operations support to additional Veritas programs and functions (Europe, Veritas Cities, Development, etc.)
- Working directly with Veritas’ accounting, finance, audit service and HR provider(s) to provide needed finance, accounting and HR information
- Overseeing and ensure timely renewals of licenses, trademarks, registrations and accreditations
- Executing planning and logistics for select team-wide functions (e.g., for staff summits, board meetings etc.)
- Handling general office needs including assisting with developing policies and procedures, maintaining a usable archive of Veritas documents and resources, managing subscriptions and purchasing new equipment etc.
- Hiring and overseeing part time intern(s) to provide additional support for program needs during Veritas’ busy seasons (e.g., winter and spring matching the academic calendar)
Though not the primary focus, this role may on occasion provide additional operations and administrative support for the Executive Director and senior team, including:
- Helping plan and oversee the ongoing organizational calendar
- Proactively reminding leadership and staff of timelines for budgeting, audits, staff reviews, monthly reports and board meetings etc.
For a full job description, click here. Interested persons should submit a cover letter and resume to jobs[at]veritas.org. Questions are welcome.