Seeking Vice President of Development
The Veritas Forum is seeking an experienced development professional to lead and oversee all aspects of the development work including team management, strategic planning, marketing and communications, donor prospecting, donor engagement, major gifts, foundation engagement and online fundraising.
The role will report to and collaborate with the Executive Director. The role will also work closely with colleagues across all aspects of Veritas, including other development staff, major gift officer(s) and program staff. This role will be based in Cambridge, MA and requires travel between twenty and forty percent of the time.
- Create and execute a strategic funding plan, designed to sustainably grow income to annual income of $5M by 2021 (~20% growth per year) and be positioned for $10-$15M by 2025 – to meet the growing needs of the university landscape and public square
- Leverage Veritas’ 10 years of development data and external best practices to identify and design actions to increase donor identification, cultivation, solicitation, engagement and retention and to transition into appropriate monthly, quarterly and annual KPIs.
- Continue to build and lead a lean development team of fundraising and donor engagement professionals
- Be part of the Veritas senior team, reporting directly to the Executive Director. Be comfortable contributing to and helping shape strategic and program priorities in collaboration with other Veritas senior team members.
- Represent development department to board members and contribute to board meetings as requested by Executive Director
For a full job description, click here. Submit applications to jobs[at]veritas.org.
Veritas Forum Area Directors
Veritas Forums seek to transform the social and academic conversations on campus through events that raise compelling questions about life and truth, and that provide thoughtful answers. Recent Forum topics include “Why hasn’t religion died out?”, “Can science and faith co-exist?”, and “Am I more than my resume?”
We are seeking candidates who are eager to build Veritas movements on campuses across the country. Candidates will have the opportunity to engage students, faculty, and administrators in discussions about the nature of truth, the purpose of life, the problem of injustice, and other critical topics – crafting Forums that point to Jesus in a unique and winsome way. These Forums impact thousands of students a year, and contribute to the pursuit of truth and dialogue that will affect many more.
We are currently seeking an Area Director in the Pacific Northwest (ideally based in Seattle), though are also recruiting for other strategic areas in the United States.
Veritas Forum Area Directors would be responsible for the following:
- Lead team development and event execution of Veritas Forums on 10-20 campuses each academic year, depending on if they are working at full or part time capacity
- Build strong, trust-based relationships with campus ministers on their campuses and with regional staff (e.g., area directors, regional directors), with the goal of building a self-replicating Veritas movement composed of partner ministries on each campus
- Act as a University engagement “consultant”, guiding the campus team to make strong decisions regarding engagement approach, outreach strategy, and Forum components (i.e., presenters, topics and formats) that will best engage their campuses
- Act as a bridge between the campus team and national resources (i.e., drawing on best practices, engaging with latest campus trends, recruiting and hosting speakers on campus)
- Participate in broader strategic and operational work of Veritas, as needed
- Area Directors will work closely with the VP of University Engagement, National Field Director, and other Veritas staff and advisors. Regular travel to regional campuses is required (all costs will be covered, 2-3 visits per campus)
For a full job description, click here. Submit applications to jobs[at]veritas.org