Lead Event Strategist
Our first event—the Forum—was hosted at Harvard in 1992, and it remains our flagship program. Today, however, we host many other events—from faculty training sessions to intimate salon discussions to large city-based dialogues—and we need someone who can both strategize and execute our top-level events. The right candidate will do more than just manage logistics; he or she will be in tune with how events can propel our growth and vision.
We believe this role will place you in a high-energy environment with some of the most talented individuals in the industry, where you’ll be inspired to use your gifts to start conversations that matter all over the world. Although Veritas was founded in 1992, we operate like a scrappy startup trying to solve difficult problems, sprint quickly, and scale globally.
We want you to imagine what you could do here. At Veritas, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary programs quickly. We need an event strategist who loves to think big and strategically but who also loves to be in the trenches. This is a role for someone who wants to help create something big and important for the world and who isn’t phased by the amount of work it’s going to take.
What You’ll Do:
- Innovate event programming. You’ll imagine what new events might further our mission and vision, streamline and simplify our campus events, and design custom, one-of-a-kind experiences for students, faculty, and other thought leaders.
- Deliver remarkable event experiences that meet objectives and exceed expectations. You’ll create event concepts, select venues, set and manage budgets, organize lodging and transportation, co-create (alongside the Content team) event marketing and amplify brand awareness, manage event timelines, coordinate technical aspects, negotiate with vendors, process invoices, manage risk, and evaluate event effectiveness.
- Use data to inform our event strategy. You’ll know and track the right metrics, analyze what works, adjust where necessary, and share your findings.
- Embrace an entrepreneurial mindset. You’ll be a self-motivated self-starter who comes up with new ideas, seeks to solve problems, takes risks, and tests solutions.
- Be a team player. Serve colleagues and their program areas (e.g., Forums, Augustine Collective, Development, Riff, etc.) with a positive, proactive, problem-solving attitude, and complete additional duties as identified and assigned.
- Challenge assumptions. You’ll ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You’re not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
- Own your outcomes. You’ll set clear, ambitious goals, anticipate obstacles, persevere, and hold yourself accountable for your commitments.
- Get better every day. You’ll welcome the gift of feedback, never settle in your quest to grow and develop, and make our organization stronger.
What You’ll Bring:
- 3+ years experience in event management or hospitality
- A passion for Christ grounded in the regular disciplines of Bible study, prayer, and fellowship with other believers in the context of a local church, and a mature and growing faith evidenced by the fruit of the Spirit in your life
- Technical event experience, e.g., basic A/V, stage and lighting knowledge
- An orientation toward process with a deep love for organization and details
- A highly organized and dogged approach to project and event management
- Superior interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills
- Critical and strategic thinking with the ability to evaluate every aspect of an event
- A portfolio that demonstrates an instinct for professional event execution and inventive approaches to event planning, management, and creation
- An ability to adapt well in changing situations and environments
- Familiarity with using data to guide a strategy
- A “just figure things out” attitude that invents ideas to accomplish our objectives
- An ability to multitask and prioritize ruthlessly
- This role reports to the VP of Forums and Content, Bethany Jenkins.
- Preferred candidates are based in one of the following cities: Chicago, IL; Washington, D.C.; New York, NY; or Boston, MA (with a strong preference for Boston).
- Compensation is commensurate with experience.
For a full job description, click here. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com . Your cover letter should tell us why you’re a great fit for Veritas and why Veritas is a great fit for you.
The Veritas Forum seeks to hire a Development Coordinator to provide support to the Development Team in all aspects of donor activities, systems and engagement.
The Development Coordinator responsibilities will include:
- Administering and maintaining the donor information management system
- Processing, recording and receipting gifts
- Drafting donor communications and preparing materials related to cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- Analyzing data and researching new prospects to sustain a robust donor pipeline
- Generating regular reports to track fundraising metrics and alignment with annual budget
- Helping plan, manage and execute all aspects of donor events
- Supporting all aspects of grant writing, submission and reporting, etc.
- Providing administrative support to the Development Team for general operations: updating and monitoring the development calendar, producing expense reports, booking travel, etc.
- Participating in and supporting other team-wide events and gatherings as needed, etc.
This role depends on accuracy, flexibility, problem-solving, project management, and strong organizational and personal communication skills. Qualified applicants should:
- Be a mature and growing Christian. Their passion for Christ should be grounded in the regular disciplines of Bible study, prayer and fellowship with other believers in the context of a local church, and be evidenced by the fruit of the Spirit in their lives.
- Have a bachelor’s degree.
- Exhibit a highly professional demeanor and a positive, collaborative attitude.
- Have strong organizational, problem-solving and project management skills, precise attention to detail, high standards for the quality of deliverables, an understanding of the importance of deadlines and the ability to complete multiple tasks under pressure.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Prospect research and Salesforce experience is a plus.
This is a full-time role based at Veritas’ headquarters in Boston, MA. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
For a full job description, click here. Interested persons should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions are also welcome.
Office and Operations Manager
The Veritas Forum is recruiting for an Office and Operations Manager for our Cambridge headquarters. This role will combine administrative and operational responsibilities for a rapidly growing, geographically-dispersed organization.
This role is equal parts execution of day-to-day office and administrative needs, and building and implementing processes and systems to improve overall operational efficiency and effectiveness.
The role will lead the design and day-to-day execution of select administration, operations, finance and HR needs including:
- Providing ongoing operational and administrative support for the North American Forums team, ensuring timely completion of contracts, payments of honorariums and team expenses, purchasing and distribution of forum supplies, managing presenter agreements, updating reporting data, and managing printing needs etc.
- Providing targeted operations support to additional Veritas programs and functions (Europe, Veritas Cities, Development, etc.)
- Working directly with Veritas’ accounting, finance, audit service and HR provider(s) to provide needed finance, accounting and HR information
- Overseeing and ensure timely renewals of licenses, trademarks, registrations and accreditations
- Executing planning and logistics for select team-wide functions (e.g., for staff summits, board meetings etc.)
- Handling general office needs including assisting with developing policies and procedures, maintaining a usable archive of Veritas documents and resources, managing subscriptions and purchasing new equipment etc.
- Hiring and overseeing part time intern(s) to provide additional support for program needs during Veritas’ busy seasons (e.g., winter and spring matching the academic calendar)
Though not the primary focus, this role may on occasion provide additional operations and administrative support for the Executive Director and senior team, including:
- Helping plan and oversee the ongoing organizational calendar
- Proactively reminding leadership and staff of timelines for budgeting, audits, staff reviews, monthly reports and board meetings etc.
For a full job description, click here. Interested persons should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Questions are welcome.
Video Archivist Intern: Paid Student Internship in January 2019
The Veritas Forum seeks to hire a Video Archivist Intern to watch, catalog, classify, archive, and upload Veritas Forum videos. The internship is paid ($13/hour), time-bound (ideally, four weeks in January 2019), and based at Veritas’s Boston headquarters (Downtown Crossing).
A qualified applicant should:
- Be a mature, growing Christian with a passion for God and a life marked by the Spirit
- Be currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree
- Be able to transfer video files from various media formats to YouTube
- Exhibit a professional demeanor and a positive, collaborative attitude
- Have strong organizational and problem-solving instincts
- Pay attention to detail with a high personal standard for quality of deliverables
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be proficient with Google Drive (e.g., Docs, Sheets)
- Have video editing experience (preferred but not required)
For a full job description, click here. Interested students should email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org . Questions welcome.