Director of Communications
About Veritas Content: We extend our impact through online resources and publishing—producing video and podcast content, cultivating a website, publishing books through our InterVarsity Press imprint, and curating other content for internal and external purposes.
Our YouTube channel has over 46,000 subscribers and over 1.5 million views annually; our website (www.veritas.org) attracts over 515,000 views annually; and our podcast ranks among the top 10% in terms of average downloads. Our weekly content email reaches over 10,000 subscribers. We believe this represents a small fraction of our potential.
Description: As Director of Communications, a successful candidate will:
- Communications. Be excited everyday to tell our stories through online and print mediums in a way that successfully engages a wide audience—students, faculty, donors, and more.
- Marketing. Develop a strategy for online and print engagement that significantly increases user acquisition and engagement with our content, website, social media, podcast, etc.
- Management. Identify and build a lean team of service providers, junior staff, and contractors, to build the technology, media components, and day-to-day content creation needed to execute the strategy.
- Team-Oriented. Support all areas of the organization (e.g., development, labs, forums, etc.), working to discover and tell stories from various programs to various audiences.
Qualifications: A qualified applicant should:
- Faith. Be a mature and growing Christian, with a passion for connecting the big questions of life with the person and story of Christ.
- Education. Have a bachelor’s degree (at minimum).
- Experience. Have 5+ years of relevant work experience, ideally in online publishing.
- Skills. Demonstrate (a) expertise in online user acquisition and engagement, leveraging search engine optimization and other marketing practices, (b) experience building sustained and successful social media engagements at scale, (c) excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as strong analytical thinking and problem-solving capabilities.
- Relationships. Have a track record of cultivating trust-based relationships that allow him/her to influence and mobilize colleagues and partners.
- Interests. Enjoy (a) working in a fast-paced, mission-driven, performance-oriented culture, (b) being highly entrepreneurial and self-directed with the potential to experiment, pilot, and scale significant new areas of online engagement, and (c) ideas-driven cultural engagement that seeks to serve and shape the culture through the gospel
- Travel. Ability to travel 5–10% of the year to work closely with Veritas partners.
For a full job description, click here. Interested persons should email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Questions are also welcome.
Office and Operations Manager
Veritas Headquarters in Cambridge, MA
The Veritas Forum is recruiting for an Office and Operations Manager for our Cambridge headquarters. This role will combine administrative and operational responsibilities for a rapidly growing, geographically-dispersed organization.
This role is equal parts execution of day-to-day office and administrative needs, and building and implementing processes and systems to improve overall operational efficiency and effectiveness.
The role will lead the design and day-to-day execution of select administration, operations, finance and HR needs including:
- Providing ongoing operational and administrative support for the North American Forums team, ensuring timely completion of contracts, payments of honorariums and team expenses, purchasing and distribution of forum supplies, managing presenter agreements, updating reporting data, and managing printing needs etc.
- Providing targeted operations support to additional Veritas programs and functions (Europe, Veritas Cities, Development, etc.)
- Working directly with Veritas’ accounting, finance, audit service and HR provider(s) to provide needed finance, accounting and HR information
- Overseeing and ensure timely renewals of licenses, trademarks, registrations and accreditations
- Executing planning and logistics for select team-wide functions (e.g., for staff summits, board meetings etc.)
- Handling general office needs including assisting with developing policies and procedures, maintaining a usable archive of Veritas documents and resources, managing subscriptions and purchasing new equipment etc.
- Hiring and overseeing part time intern(s) to provide additional support for program needs during Veritas’ busy seasons (e.g., winter and spring matching the academic calendar)
Though not the primary focus, this role may on occasion provide additional operations and administrative support for the Executive Director and senior team, including:
- Helping plan and oversee the ongoing organizational calendar
- Proactively reminding leadership and staff of timelines for budgeting, audits, staff reviews, monthly reports and board meetings etc.
For a full job description, click here.Interested persons should submit a cover letter and resume to jobs[at]veritas.org. Questions are welcome.